Pakistan Parliament Becomes First Fully Solar Based Power Parliament in the World [ Current Affairs ]
Pakistan’s Parliament is world’s first parliament who entirely runs on solar power. It is located at national capital Islamabad. Key facts: Pakistan’s close supporter and strategic partner China has support in this project.
- This project was officially announced by Chinese President Xi Jinping during his visit to Pakistan at the Parliament in India.
- Earlier in 2014 Chinese government has talk about this project as an act of friendship with financial support of 55 million dollars.
- These solar panels have capacity of 80 Mega Watts (MW) and from which 62 MW is enough for it and remaining 18 MW will be connected to national grid.
- After Independent Pakistan since 1947 for first the parliament became self-sufficient in electricity through solar power.
About Parliament of Pakistan:
- Officially it is labeled as Majlis-e-Shoora in Urdu.
- It is the central and supreme judicial body of Pakistan.
- It is a two-tier legislature which includes: The Senate (upper house) and The National Assembly (lower houses).
- Published on: February 24, 2016