Pankaj Advani Recommended for Padma Bhushan Again [ Current Affairs - Sports ]
The Billiards and Snooker Federation of India (BSFI) has again recommended Pankaj Advani for India’s third-highest civilian honour Padma Bhushan for his outstanding contribution in the Snooker. Earlier he was also nominated for Padma Bhushan last year by BSFI.
About Pankaj Advani:
- Pankaj Arjan Advani was born on 24th July 1985 in Pune.
- He is a professional Indian English billiards player and former professional snooker player.
- He has achieved a hat-trick of hat-tricks in English billiards.
- He also holds the World, Asian, and Indian National Championship titles simultaneously, in three different years: 2005, 2008 and 2012
- Advani is 14-time World Billiards and Snooker Champion.
- He is single player in the world to win world titles in Billiards’s and Snooker’s all formats.
Award and Honours:
- Arjuna Award in 2004
- Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna in 2006
- Padma Shri in 2009
Padma Bhushan Awards:
- It is the third highest civilian award.
- It is awarded for distinguished service of high order for exceptional achievements in field of art, literature and education, sports, medicine, social work, science and engineering, public affairs, civil service, trade and industry
- Published on: September 9, 2016