Patty Duke the Oscar Winning Actor Passed Away [ Current Affairs ]
Acclaimed Actor and singer Patty Duke passed away due to Sepsis from a ruptured intestine at the age of 69 years. In 1963 she had won Academy award (Oscar) at the age of 16 for her portrayal of deaf blind political activist Helen Keller in The Miracle worker.
About Patty Duke:
- She was born on December 14, 1946 in Elmhurst, New York, US as Anna Marie Duke.
- She had started her acting career as a child actor.
- In 1959 she gets her first major role when she portrayed the blind and deaf Keller on Broadway.
Her popular movies are:
- Valley of the Dolls
- My Sweet Charlie
- Me, Natalie.
She was also become well-known for her TV show “The Patty Duke: which aired more than 100 episodes from 1963 to 1966.
- She was diagnosed with mental illness i. e. with bipolar disorder in 1982.
- And then she fervent much of her time to support for and educating the public on mental health issues.
- From 1985 to 1988, she also had served as president of the Screen Actors Guild.
- Published on: March 31, 2016