Pema Khandu Sworn in as the 10th CM of Arunachal Pradesh [ Current Affairs ]
Pema Khandu sworn in as the 10th Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh and with this he became the youngest Chief Minister in the country. He was administered the oath to office and secrecy by Governor Tathagata Roy at the Rajbhavan in Itanagar.
- Chowna Mein was sworn in as the Deputy Chief Minister.
- The support of 45 party MLAs along with 2 independents in the 60-member House with an effective strength of 58 on the basis he was selected as CM of Arunachal Pradesh after he had staked claim to power.
- Pema Khandu has to prove his majority in the floor test.
- Pema Khandu is also supported by the ousted Chief Minister Khaliko Pul.
- He has returned to the Congress party with 30 nonconforming Congress MLAs.
About Pema Khandu:
- Pema Khandu is an Indian politician from the state of Arunachal Pradesh and Born on 21 August 1979 in Gyangkar village, Tawang District of Arunachal Pradesh.
- At the age of 37 years he was sworn as becoming the Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh.
- Pema Khandu leads the Congress government in the state.
- He is a graduate from Hindu College (Delhi University).
- He is the eldest son of former Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu. Who had died in a helicopter crash in May 2011.
- In 2005, Khandu became a secretary of the Arunachal Pradesh Congress Committee.
- In 2010, he becomes the president of the District Congress Committee in Tawang.
- In 2011, he also became the Cabinet Minister for Rural Works Department and Tourism.
- In 2016, he was elected Congress Legislature Party leader.
- Published on: July 19, 2016