Police Chief Tran Dai Quang Sworn in as 9th President of Vietnam [ Current Affairs ]
The ninth President of Vietnam is Tran Dai Quang after he was elected by country’s National Assembly. He had replaced Truong Tan Sang and shall have term of five years. After he had secured 91.5 % votes i. e. 452 valid votes out of the total 494 members of the unicameral house he was elected as President.
About Tran Dai Quang:
- He was born on 12th October 1956 in Ninh Binh Province.
- From 2011 t0 2016 he had served as Minister of Public Security before he gated elected as the President of Vietnam.
- He has served as member of the 12th Politburo of the Communist Party of Vietnam and at present he is ranked at second place after General Secretary Nguyen Phu Tro.
- He was appointed Secretary of the Central Police Party Committee in August 2011.
- He had completed his study from the People’s Police School In 1972.
- And from 1972 to 1975 he had studied at the School of Foreign Languages Department of Cultural Affairs.
- Vietnam is the easternmost country on the Indochina Peninsula in Southeast Asia.
- As of 2014 it has 90.5 million inhabitants.
- It is the world’s 14th-most-populous country, and the eighth-most-populous Asian country.
- Vietnam is surrounded by China to the north, Laos to the northwest, and Cambodia to the southwest, and Malaysia across the South China Sea to the southeast.
- Its capital city is Hanoi of North and South Vietnam from 1975.
- Vietnam was part of Imperial China for over a millennium, from 111 BC to AD 939.
- And Vietnam got independence in 939, following a Vietnamese victory in the Battle of Bach Dang River.
- Published on: April 5, 2016