President Pranab Mukherjee Presents BC Roy National Awards for 2008, 2009 & 2010 [ Current Affairs ]
President of India, Pranab Kumar Mukherjee has presented the Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy Award national awards for 2008, 2009 and 2010 at Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi. These awards were presented on the occasion of National Doctors’ Day observed on July 1 to pay honour and tribute to India’s most famous physician Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy.
The awardees are:
Top Five Awardees are: 1. Dr. Mammen Chandy 2. Prof. Rajeshwar Dayal 3. Dr. Rohit V. Bhatt 4. Dr. Neelam Mohan 5. Prof. Mohan Kameswaran
- Awards for2010: Nikhil C. Munshi, O. P. Kalra, Tejinder Singh, Subash Gupta, Amrinder Jit Kanwar, Rajendra Prasad and Glory Alexander.
- Awards for2009: H. Sancheti, Renu Saxena, Atul Kumar, A. K. Kriplani, Kanan A. Yelikar, H. S. Bhanushali, G. V. Rao, Moti Lal Singh, C. N. Purandare and C. V. Hari Narayan.
- Awards for 2008: Rajeshwar Dayal, Mammen Chandy, Neelam Mohan, Rohit V. Bhatt, Mohan Kameswaran, Harsha Jauhari, Gopal H. Badlani and Yash Gulati.
About BC Roy Awards:
- The Dr B C Roy National Award, the most prestigious award in the field of medicine in India. It was established under the aegis of the Medical Council of India, are given every year by the Dr. B. C. Roy National Award Fund to honour famous people who have achieved distinction in medicine.
- In 1976 the BC Roy Awards were instituted by the Medical Council of India in memory of renowned physician and former West Bengal Chief Minister Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy.
- The award includes a silver plate, a citation and Rs. 1 lakh in cash.
- This awards are dedicated annually in the given below categories: Statesmanship of the Highest Order in India, Eminent Medical Person, Medical man-cum-Statesman, Famous person in Philosophy, Famous person in Arts and Famous person in Science.
- Published on: July 4, 2016