‘Qora’ the Indigenously Developed Fecal Incontinence Management System Launched [ Current Affairs ]
‘Qora’ an indigenously developed affordable Faecal Incontinence Management System (FIMS) has been launched by Union Minister of State (MoS) for Science & Technology Y. S. Chowdary in New Delhi. Under the Union Ministry of Science & Technology’s Department of Biotechnology (DBT) Bio design Programme the FIMS-Qora was established by M/s. Censure Medical.
What is Fecal incontinence?
- Fecal incontinence (FI) is a medical situation noticeable by incapability to control one’s bowel movements.
- It origins feces (stool) to leak unpredictably from the rectum.
- This medical disorder worldwide affects almost 100 million bed cantered patients.
- Still around 50 % of the psychiatric ward patients due to long-term nervous sicknesses have FI.
- At present time the only available solutions for this situation are porous pads and fecal drainage feeds.
Significance of FIMS-Qora
- This inexpensive novel knowledge will help to address the clinical and economic suggestions of FI by growing indications for use.
- It will also help in dropping skill level mandatory to use a device, and presenting a new level of care for patients outside the ICU.
- Published on: May 23, 2016