Rahul Johri First CEO of BCCI [ Current Affairs ]
The first Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) is Rahul Johri. Mr. Johri will crash to the BCCI secretary and shall be given independence to work individually in BCCI’s set-up that was consistently measured by honorary office-bearers.
- He will be responsible for the smooth functioning of operations, stakeholder management of BCCI and building robust strategies for further promoting the sport of cricket in his new role.
- Mr. Johri had served as Discovery Networks Asia Pacific’s executive vice-president and general manager for South Asia before this appointment.
- He has 20 years rich experience in the media industry.
- The appointment of CEO of BCCI was grounded on the outlines of key commendations of the three-member Justice RM Lodha Committee.
- The Supreme Court has appointed the committee to suggest directorial improvements in Indian cricket i. e. to bring reform in BCCI, an apex governing body for cricket in India.
- It had suggested creation of the post of the CEO in order to distinct BCCI’s governance and management responsibilities with the CEO enchanting charge of the management side.
- The (BCCI) is the national major organization for cricket in India. Board of Control for Cricket in India
- It was founded in December 1928 as a society, registered under the Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act.
- It is an association of state cricket associations and the state associations select their legislatures who in turn elect the BCCI officials.
- Headquarter is located at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai.
- And the logo of BCCI is derived from the sign of the Order of the Star of India, the Indian national emblem during the colonial period.
- Published on: April 21, 2016