Raisina Dialogue 2016 Started at New Delhi [ Current Affairs ]
A flagship conference first edition Raisina-Dialogue 2016 on Geopolitics and Geo-economics has started at New Delhi. The Union Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) and Observer Research Foundation (ORF), an independent think tank based in India have jointly organized it.
“Asia: Regional and Global Connectivity” is theme of the Raisina-Dialogue 2016.
It will allow the MEA to reach out to a wider international multi-disciplinary audience.
The main focus areas of it is Asia’s:
- human and digital connectivity
Shall attempt to discover challenges
- opportunities for the region to manage its common spaces
- 40 countries speakers will attend this conference including
- Former Sri Lankan President Chandrika Kumaratunga
- former Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai
- Bangladeshi foreign Minister Mahmood Ali
- This will be common platform for all to discover prospects and opportunities for Asian integration and Asia’s Integration with the whole world.
- The conference is named based on Raisina Hill which is the elevation in New Delhi where presidential palace of India, Rashtrapati Bhavan is located.
- The conference has been organized on the appearances of the Shangri-La Dialogue held in Singapore,
- Published on: March 7, 2016