Rio 2016: Gymnast Dipa Karmakar Becomes First Indian to Qualify for Vault Finals [ Current Affairs - Sports ]
Indian gymnast Dipa Karmakar scripted history in Rio Olympics 2016. She became the India’s first woman Artistic gymnast. The total score of Dipa Karmakar is 52.698 points in Rio 2016.
- Dipa Karmakar will be the first Indian gymnast to qualify for the Olympics in 52 years.
- Go Sports Foundation supported to the Dipa Karmakar.
- She also performs her much-appreciated ‘Produnova’ vault cleanly to secure 14.850 points after two attempts.
- She secured 7.000 on difficulty and 8.1 on execution in her first attempt. Her score for difficulty was a bit lower at 6.0 in the second attempt.
About Dipa Karmakar:
- Dipa Karmakar born on 9 August 1993 Agartala, Tripura, India. She is an Indian Artistic gymnast.
- She represented India at the international level and becoming the first Indian female gymnast in the history of Rio Olympic 2016.
- 2011: She competed in the 2011 National Games of India representing Tripura and won five golds in floor, vault, all around, balance beam and uneven bars.
- 2014: She won a bronze medal in 2014 Commonwealth Games in women’s vault final.
- 2015: She became the first Indian to qualify for the final stage of the 2015 World Artistic Gymnastics Championships.
- 2016: She became the first female gymnast from India to qualify for the Olympics in event of 2016 Summer Olympics.
- Published on: August 9, 2016