Sahapedia, India’S First Online Interactive Heritage Portal Has Launched [ Current Affairs ]
Sahapedia, India’s first online interactive heritage portal has launched by the Union Government in New Delhi, India. Aweb portal is specially designed web site that transports information together from varied sources in an even way.
- Early public web portals wereAOL, Excite, Netvibes, iGoogle, MSN, Naver, Lycos, Indiatimes, Rediff, and Yahoo! .
- Sahapedia portal is a not-for-profit portal headed by former TCS chairman S. Ramadorai who currently controls the National Skill Development Agency.
- This web portal is a cooperative knowledge resource on the arts, culture and heritage of India.
- In the word ‘Sahapedia’, ‘Saha’ is Sanskrit word which means ‘Together with’ which is an invitation to explore together the richness of our cultural landscapes.
- The portal aims to inform, educate and act on subjects like knowledge traditions, visual and material arts, performing arts, literature and languages.
- It also pursues to spread knowledge about practices and services, histories, institutions, people, built spaces and natural environment.
- It will be available through user groups such as scholars, practitioners, students, teachers, travelers and enthusiasts.
- It will be also used in participating activities and services like research, certification, digitization and protection.
- Published on: April 25, 2016