Signing the Paris Agreement Accepted at 21st CoP is Approved by Union Cabinet [ Current Affairs ]
The Union Cabinet gave its agreement to signing the Paris Agreement accepted at the 21st Conference of Parties of UNFCCC held in Paris in December 2015. So on behalf of India, Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) of Environment, Forest and Climate Change Prakash Javadekar will sign the agreement.
- The Paris Agreement on climate change is measured as a landmark in global climate cooperation.
- It is aims to improve the execution of the Convention and recognizes the principles of common but separated accountabilities, impartiality and individual competences in the light of different national situations.
Key features of the Paris Agreement
- Rights of Developing Countries:
- Recognizes the development necessities of developing countries and their privileges to development.
- It also maintains their hard work to complement expansion with situation and defensive the benefits of the most exposed.
- Sustainable Development:
- It identifies the significance of supportable lifestyles and maintainable designs of ingestion.
- In this concern developed countries take the lead and also highpoint the importance of ‘climate justice’ in its introduction.
- Implementation of the Convention:
- It imitates the principles of impartiality and common but distinguished accountabilities and individual abilities particularly in the light of different national situations.
- Other Objectives:
- In addition it confirms that it is not mitigation-centric and comprises other significant basics such as version, finance, loss and damage, technology, capacity construction and transparency of action and support.
- Pre-2020 actions are also part of the conclusions.
- Financial support from Developed countries:
- They have been advised to ruler up their level of economic support with a complete road map.
- The single resolution the monetary support from developed countries is to accomplish the goal of qualifying climate change jointly as long as US 100 billion dollars up to 2020.
- The financial support will be used for qualification and edition by suggestively collective edition finance from current levels.
- In addition it provides suitable skill and volume building support.
- Published on: April 21, 2016