Springer Theses Award Won by Indian-American Scientist Arnab De [ Current Affairs ]
The prestigious Springer Theses Award has been won by the Arnab De an Indian-American scientist for his outstanding research on evolving transgenic mice to study a critical tumor-suppressor A20. New York’s Columbia University has nominated him for his PhD thesis.
- Peptide-based prodrugs also have developed by Arnab De as therapeutics for diabetes. For this he was awarded ‘Young Investigator Award’ at the American Peptide Symposium.
About Springer Theses Award:
- The Springer Theses Award is honored by a leading global publisher of renowned scientific journals and books Springe for outstanding PhD research at international level.
- In this award the best thesis were annually nominated by internationally top-ranked research institutes for publication in the book series Springer Theses: Recognizing Outstanding PhD research.
- Prize includes 500 euros and their research work is highlighted by the European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO).
About European Molecular Biology Organization:
- The European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO) is a qualified life scientist’s organization in Europe.
- Its main goal is to encourage research in life science and permit international exchange between scientists.
- This organization also arranges courses, workshops and conferences, publishes four scientific journals and supports every scientists and projects.
- In 1964 the organization was founded.
- Maria Leptin I the current Director of EMBO who is a developing biologist at the University of Cologne, Germany.
About Young Investigator Award:
- The Young Investigator Award identifies the outstanding accomplishments and contributions by a young neuroscientist who has established academic independence.
- The Award prize includes $15, 000 and complimentary registration.
- Scientist who is actively engaged in research is also able to take part in award.
- Published on: May 31, 2016