Sudhir Tailang a Well-Known Political Cartoonist is No More [ Current Affairs ]
Well-known political cartoonist Sudhir Tailang has passed away at the age of 55 years due to brain cancer at Medanta Hospital in Gurgaon, Mumbai. He was famous for his political cartoons which are chronicled contemporary Indian politics with wit humors.
About Sudhir Tailang
- He was born on 26th February 1960 in Bikaner, Rajasthan.
- He made his first cartoon in 1970 at the age of 10 years which was published in Newspaper.
- His career was started at in Mumbai based Illustrated Weekly of India in 1982
- He had served in a number of popular Indian newspapers such as Hindustan Times, Indian Express and The Times of India as a cartoonist.
- His last assignment was Asian Age.
- In recent times he has launched a book of cartoons titled ‘No, Prime Minister’ a set of cartoons on the former Prime Minister of India Manmohan Singh.
- He has dream to open a cartoon museum.
- In 2004 he is awarded with the Padma Shri (India’s forth highest civilian award) for his contribution to the art of cartooning.
- Published on: February 9, 2016