Sunil Mittal: New Chairman of International Chamber of Commerce [ Current Affairs ]
Sunil Bharti Mittal the chief executive of Bharti Group has been elected chairman of the International Chambers of Commerce (ICC) and with this he will succeed Terry McGraw the Chairman Emeritus of S&P Global, who became ICC’s Honorary Chairman.
- In ICC’s near 100 years history Sunil Mittal becomes the third Indian business leader to hold this position.
About Sunil Bharti Mittal
- Sunil Mittal is Indian telecom tycoon, entrepreneur and philanthropist.
- He is the founding member, chairman and Group CEO of Bharti Enterprises, which goods in telecom, financial services, and retail and agri business.
- The Bharti Airtel is India’s largest telecom company and world’s third largest mobile operator currently it presence in 20 countries across Asia and Africa and has customer disreputable of over 275 million.
- Currently he is serving on many international bodies and think-tanks and he is the Chair of the World Economic Forums (WEF) Telecommunications Steering Committee.
- He is also a member of the India-UK, India-US and India-Japan CEO Forums.
- Forbes has listed him at the eight richest people in India with a Net worth of 7 billion dollars.
- He was awarded with India’s third highest civilian honour the Padma Bhushan in 2007.
About International Chambers of Commerce (ICC)
- ICC is the world’s largest business organization which was established in 1919.
- Its headquarters is located in Paris, France.
- The main objective of it is the World Business Organization.
- It signifies the private-sector’s views to national governments and international bodies around the world.
- ICC has three main activities:
- Rule setting
- Policy advocacy
- Dispute resolution
- ICC was the first international organization who is approved as a general consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council.
- Published on: June 20, 2016