Swachhta Saptah the Cleanliness Drive of Indian Railways [ Current Affairs ]
Swachhta Saptah (Cleanliness Week) the cleanliness drive has been launched by the Indian Railways to mark the ‘Swachh Paryavaran Diwas’ (Clean Environment Day), it is nine-day public cleanliness outreach programme which will be celebrated from 17 to 25 September 2016.
- It was launched by the Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu in New Delhi.
- The initiative is launched to extensive spread awareness on sanitation and cleanliness in rail premises and also to make hygiene a habit in the travelling public.
- The initiative was launched under the ’Swachh Rail Swachh Bharat Mission’
- Each day of the nine days will have specific focus area for spruce-up; the cleanliness programme has assured defined thrusts and they are as follow:
- Swachh Stations (Clean Stations)
- Swachh Neer (Clean Water)
- Swachh Rail Gaadi (Clean Train)
- Swachh Sahyog (Cleanliness Participation)
- Swachh Parisar (Clean Complex)
- Swachh Samvad (Cleanliness Dialogue)
- Swachh Samarpan (Dedication for ensuring Cleanliness)
- Swachh Aahar (Clean Food)
- Published on: September 19, 2016