Tata Advanced Systems Signs Deal with Bell Helicopter [ Current Affairs ]
Tata Advanced Systems Ltd (TASL) and US-based Bell Helicopter signed an agreements for together develop the helicopter market in India. The agreement support of India’s flying and defence modernization enterprises with an emphasis on ‘Make in India’.
- TASL’s agreement with Bell Helicopter is important because of our shared synergies, our defence manufacturing capabilities and focus on innovation are well associated with Bell Helicopter’s basic capability.
Under this agreement
- Both firms will cooperatively develop the helicopter market in India, including prospective production and assembly, training, maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO).
- They will start research and development (R&D) and technology sharing.
- In India they will develop both commercial and government (including military) rotary wing markets.
About Tata Advanced Systems Limited (TASL):
- TASL is a completely owned supplementary of Tata Sons.
- It is the strategic Aerospace and Defence arm of the TATA Group.
- TASL works with many global original equipment manufacturers, provides solutions for aerospace, defence and homeland security.
- It is the fastest developing company in India’s Defence and Aerospace sector.
It has capabilities from design to full aircraft assembly and well-positioned in other areas such as:
- Unmanned aerial systems
- Command and control systems
- Optronics and homeland security
- Published on: July 18, 2016