Three International Awards Has Been Won by Indira Gandhi International Airport [ Current Affairs ]
For 2015 year three international awards has been won by Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) from the Airports Council International (ACI). According to the ACI’s Airport Service Quality (ASQ) survey IGAI has scored 4.96 on a scale of 1 to 5.
Retained World’s number one airport
IGIA has won for Retained World’s number one airport award for successively second time in 25 to 40 Million Passengers Per Annum (MPPA) categories.
GIA has also won best Airport award for size & region Asia Pacific (25 - 40 MPPA).
Second best airport by region (Asia Pacific).
- ASQ is the key management body which is totally understands how to grow passenger satisfaction and improve business performance.
- The ACI was founded in 1991 and it is a trade association of the world’s airports.
- The main aim of ACI is to provide secure, safe, efficient and environmentally responsible air transport system.
- Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL) is organizing body of IGIA and DIAL is jointly operated by the Airports Authority of India (AAI) and GMR Group-led consortium which include Fraport and Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad.
- Published on: March 2, 2016