To Cooperate on Climate Change Canada, Us, Mexico Has Signed Mou [ Current Affairs ]
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Climate Change and Energy Collaboration to tap into energy cooperation has been signed among three countries Canada, United States (US) and Mexico at the North American Energy Ministers Meeting held in Winnipeg, Canada which was hosted by Jim Carr Minister of Natural Resources of Canada.
- According to this MOU it reflects shared vision of three North American countries for a future where an expanding clean energy sector, a sustainable environment.
- These three countries will collaborate and share information in important areas such as clean energy technologies, low-carbon electricity and energy efficiency, information in areas like carbon capture, climate change adaptation, use and storage and reducing emissions from the oil and gas sector including from methane (CH4) may also share by this countries according to this MOU.
- They will also work together To increase policy alignment and ensure that North American energy sector is developed effectively, efficiently and responsibly they will also work in coordination with each other.
- The importance of trilateral cooperation and continental approach to energy has also been discussed by ministers of these countries during the meeting.
- A web platform which includes new energy maps is also launched by them which show North American energy resources, production and infrastructure in a single place for the first time ever.
- Published on: February 15, 2016