To Formulate Taxi Operators Policy Framework Government Has Constitutes Sanjay Mitra Committee [ Current Affairs ]
To prepare a policy framework for taxi and other transport operators the Union Government has established a three member committee which will be headed by Sanjay Mitra, Secretary of Union Ministry of Road Transport & Highways and other two members are Joint Secretary, Union Ministry of Road Transport & Highways and Delhi Transport Commissioner as its members.
- Taxi and other transport operators had evaluated the condition developing from Supreme Court’s order and instructions of Environment Pollution Control Authority of banning diesel taxis in the National Capital Region (NCR) after that the committee was constituted.
- It will look into these problems and come up with suitable commendations to address the same in a time bound manner.
- As far as this apex court has set four verdicts meant at transporting down effluence planes in the NCR Delhi that has received it the tag of the world’s most polluted city.
- Top court’s first order contrary to diesel-run profitable vehicles came in December 2015.
- Later it brought a temporary order exclusion registering of diesel-run vehicles with engine capacity of 2000 cc and above till March 31, 2016 and then was again lengthy till April 30, 2016.
- The apex court also had originally asked the diesel cab workers in the NCR to switch over to CNG up to March 1, 2016.
- This target was later stretched to March 31 and then to April 30, 2016.
- Published on: May 12, 2016