To set up naval facility at Visakhapatnam RDL sign MoU with AP Government [ Current Affairs ]
To set up a world class naval facility in the state Reliance Defence Ltd (RDL) has signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Andhra Pradesh Government. Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh N. Chandrababu Naidu has announced it during the CII Partnership Summit titled ‘Sunrise Andhra Pradesh Investment Meet’ in Visakhapatnam.
- At the cost of 5000 crore rupees the recommended naval facility will be established at Rambilli, 70 km south of Visakhapatnam on the East Beach of India.
- RDL is subordinate of Anil Ambani led Reliance Infrastructure Ltd.
- Earlier in March 2015, it had obtained the Pipavav shipyard on West Coast in Gujarat.
- To build submarines and aircraft carriers on lines with Make in India and also provide services including maintenance and refitting of ships this two naval will be used by RDL.
Reliance Defence Ltd (RDL):
- RDL is a leading Manufacturer and Supplier of “State of Art” advanced weapon platforms, equipment’s, systems and hardware to fulfill the national requirements of the Indian Armed Forces.
- Reliance Defence Limited has 11 subsidiaries in niche segments of the Defence sector.
- In the Defence and Aerospace segment, the company is following partnerships with the leading international OEM’s.
- The main idea behind it is to obtain capabilities and develop in-house expertise in Land based platforms and systems, Air Combat vehicles, aircraft and avionics, Missiles, Unmanned systems and C4ISR systems, Surface & sub-surface ship building and development.
- Published on: January 13, 2016