UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon Honours with Order of Friendship Award by Russia [ Current Affairs ]
Ban Ki-moon the UN Secretary-General has been honoured with Order of Friendship Award by Russia for his special evidences in strengthening peace, friendship, cooperation and mutual understanding between peoples. Vladimir Putin a Russian President has inked a verdict awarding the Order of Friendship to Ban Ki-moon In this regard.
About Ban Ki-moon
- Ban Ki-moon is statesman and politician of South Korean and he is 8th secretary-general of the United Nations.
- On 1 January 2007 he had joined the office than in June 2011 he was re-elected in office and now he will serve till 31 December 2016.
- He also has worked as diplomat in Ministry of Foreign Affairs of South Korea and in the United Nations. He also had served as the foreign minister of South Korea from January 2004 to November 2006 before appointed as Secretary-General of UN.
About Order of Friendship
- In 1994 the Order of Friendship was established, it is a state decoration of the Russian Federation.
- It is bestowed to Russian citizens and distant nationals for their exceptional work, actions and hard work for improvement of relations with the Russian Federation and its people.
- Published on: June 10, 2016