Union Cabinet Announced CERT-in and CERT-UK MoU on Cyber Security [ Current Affairs - Science & Technology ]
Indian computer emergency response Team (CERT-In) and CERT-UK had signed Memorandum of understanding (MOU) on Cyber security in May 2016 between CERTS-In and Ministry of Cabinet Office, UK (United Kingdom) at a unit of the Cabinet Office.
- The proposal of this MoU was made in November 2015 during the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to UK.
- Previously during January 2016 CERT-In has signed MoU on Cyber security with Malaysia, Singapore and Japan.
- The MoU include closer cooperation which will enable both the countries to exchange knowledge, experiences in the field of how to detect cybercrime, resolutions, technological information, how to deal with cyber security and how to prevent for cyber-attacks, all this information will be swap over between two countries by prevented cyber security policies and best practices.
- This MoU will increase the relation strength of India and UK.
About Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In)
- CERT-In is nodal department which is work under the guidance of Union Ministry of Communications and Information Technology for cyber security threats like hacking and phishing in India.
- Its headquarter located at New Delhi.
- CERT-In’s main work is to protect Indian cyberspace and software infrastructure against destructive and hacking activities. And to support security-related defence of the Indian Internet domain. Reporting of cyber security incidents.
- Observe issue guidelines, vulnerability notes, advisories, and whitepapers regarding to information security practices, prevention, procedures and response.
- Published on: September 2, 2016