Union Government Constitutes Cyber Cell to Check Online Abuse and Harassment of Women [ Current Affairs ]
To check the online abuse and harassment of women and children on social media platforms for that the Union Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD) has constituted a cyber-cell.
- Women and Child Development Minister Maneka Gandhi announce in New Delhi.
- Ministry of WCD has advised women and children to send their complaints.
- They are being abused or harassed on social media platforms using the hashtag #IamTrolledHelp.
- In the wake of reported increase in abuse or harassment of women on social media for that cyber-cell was created.
- WCD Ministry will be working with Twitter India to address rude behaviour, violent threats (direct or indirect), and harassment on social media.
- To deal with abuse, harassment and intolerable conduct on social media. They will be working together for the empowerment of women and children.
- Ministry will also be working with the Cyber-crime Cells of the police and wherever required.
- The complaints are severe nature will be reported to Twitter India for necessary action. It will received by the WCD Ministry
- Published on: July 11, 2016