Union Government Gives Permission to First Metrino Pod Taxi Project of India [ Current Affairs ]
India’s first Metrino Pod project named personal rapid transit (PRT) network has been approved by the Union Government for Gurgaon, Haryana. Haryana Public Works (Building and Roads) Minister; Rao Narbir Singh has announced these project.
These will be completely private project and as for financing, the entire investment will be made by the private company which will be sets up the PRT.
- The pilot project will length a 13 km stretch from the Gurgaon-Delhi border to Badshapur Mod on Sohna Road.
- And in these regard the feasibility report has also been submitted by the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI).
- In 25 years through tickets the private company employing project will recover its investment.
- The charge of Metrino Pod taxi would be alike Metro.
About Personal rapid transit (PRT) network:
- A PRT network is small automatic vehicles (dubbed as pod) running at close intermissions on a guide way with cropping stations for passengers to get on and get off.
- The pod has setting capacity up to five people.
- The average speed of the pods is 60kmph Passengers have an option to hire an entire pod which will take a passenger conservative to the last stop with skipping the scheduled stops.
- Published on: April 11, 2016