Union Government Launches KVK Portal for Monitoring of Farm Centres [ Current Affairs ]
The Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Shri Radha Mohan Singh launched Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK) portal in New Delhi. The various objective and feature are as given below.
Objective of portal:
- The portal objective to provide information and advisory to the farmers and facilitate online monitoring of the KVK activities.
Features of Portal:
Mandate and Activities of KVKs:
The mandate of KVK is Technology Assessment and Demonstration for its Application and Capacity Development.
The following activities are for each KVK to implement the mandate efficiently,
- Under various farming systems, on-farm testing to measure the location specificity of agricultural technologies
- For the production potential of technologies on the farmers’ fields frontline demonstrations establish.
- Expansion personnel and capacity development of farmers to update their knowledge and skills on modern agricultural technologies.
- Provide farm advisories using ICT and other media.
- To work as Knowledge and Resource Centre of agricultural technologies.
- Published on: July 11, 2016