VP Singh Badnore Takes Oath as New Governor of Punjab [ Current Affairs ]
VP Singh Badnore (69) has taken oath as the new Governor Punjab and Administrator of Chandigarh at the ceremony held in Punjab Raj Bhawan Chandigarh.SJ Vazifdar a Chief Justice of Haryana High Court has administered his oath to the office.He has replaced Kaptan Singh Solanki a Governor of Haryana and Punjab Governor and Administrator of Chandigarh (additional charge) since January 2015.
About VP Singh Badnore
- Vijayendrapal Singh Badnore an agriculturist, environmentalist, social worker, and sportsman was born in Bhilwara, Rajasthan and member of Bharatiya Janata Party.
- Before he enters in polices he was working in corporate world from 1970 to 1977 at Management Cadre in Escorts Ltd.
- He was elected four times as MLA of Rajasthan State legislative Assembly in 1977-80, 1985-90, 1993-98 and 1998-99.
- He was elected as member of Rajya Sabha from 17th June 2010 and member of 14th and 13th Lok Sabha.
- He was a member of the 13th from 1999 to 2004 and 14th Lok Sabha from 2004 to 2009.
- He was elected as member of the Rajya Sabha in July 2010.
- He also was part of the special task force to rehabilitate tigers in Sariska (Rajasthan) from 2005-09 as the chairman.
- Published on: August 23, 2016