Vijay Rupani Takes Oath as Chief Minister of Gujarat [ Current Affairs - Policies & Governance ]
Vijay Rupani sworn in as chief minister of Gujarat. Vijay Rupani is the leader of Gujarat BJP. He succeeds Anandiben Patel, was the senior most cabinet minister in Anandiben Government. They take an oath at the Mahatma Mandir conference hall in Gandhinagar.
- Nitin Patel was also sworn-in as the Deputy Chief Minister of the Gujarat.
In Vijay Rupani government total 25 ministers took oath:
- 9 Ministers took oath as the cabinet Ministers
- 16 ministers took oath as Minister of state (MoS)
- Performance of individual ministers also considered in the formation of new council of ministers. Apart from the caste and regional balance.
- 8 other ministers from the Anandiben administration have been dropped in the new cabinet.
- Speaker Ganpat Vasava has been made a cabinet minister.
- Jayesh Radadia and Dilip Thakor two junior ministers have been elevated to the cabinet rank.
About Vijay Rupani:
- Vijay Rupani is an Indian politician from the Bharatiya Janata Party.
- He was born on 2 August 1956 in Rangoon, Burma.
- He studied Bachelor of Arts from Dharmendrasinhji Arts College and LLB from Saurashtra University.
- Vijay Rupani started his career as student activist associated with ABVP (Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad).
- Published on: August 8, 2016