World Bank Logistics Performance Index: India Ranks 35th in 2016 [ Current Affairs ]
Recently released bi-annual Logistics Performance Index (LPI) 2016 of World Bank Group. India improved its ranking in the World Bank group’s (WBG) bi-annual Logistics Performance Index (LPI) 2016. India ranked 35th among 160 countries.
The index was published in the World Bank bi-annual report ‘connecting to Compete 2016: Trade Logistics in the Global Economy’. For the third time, Germany has topped Logistics Performance Index (LPI)
Top 5 countries in 2016 LPI:
India related facts:
- In the 2016 report, India has increased its LPI score to 3.42 compared to LPI score of 3.08 in 2014.
- LPI in 2016 edition, India has improved its ranking by jumping 19 positions compared to 54th rank in 2014 LPI. Improvement in India’s ranking demonstrates Union Government’s commitment to make it easy to do business in India.
The LPI analyses countries through six components:
- Quality of trade and transport infrastructure
- Competence and quality of logistics services
- Efficiency of customs and border management clearance
- Ease of arranging competitively priced shipments
- Ability to track and trace consignments
- Frequency with which shipments reach consignees within scheduled or expected delivery times
- Published on: July 4, 2016