Zubaida Bai a Social Entrepreneur Got Place UN Honour for Corporate Sustainability Initiative [ Current Affairs ]
Zubaida Bai, an Indian social entrepreneur got place in the ten ‘2016 Global Compact SDG Pioneers’, an initiative which is launched by UN and as announced by the UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon at the 2016 UN Global Compact (UNGC) Leaders’ Summit in New York, United States.
- Zubaida has founded ‘AYZH’, a for-profit social venture given that health and livelihood solutions and technology solutions to impoverished women worldwide.
- Global Compact SDG Pioneers seeks to offer local business bests a global stage to motivate transformational action on the SDGs.
About UN Global Compact (UNGC)
- The UNGC is the world’s largest corporate sustainability creativity that supports companies to do business correctly by supporting their processes and strategies with the ten ethics of labour, environment, human rights and anti-corruption.
- It also provides benefits to them for taking strategic actions to improve broader societal goals like the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), with an significance on collaboration and improvement.
About Zubaida Bai:
- Zubaida Bai is an Indian social entrepreneur and engineer.
- She founded and is the chief executive of AYZH, a social enterprise which provides “technology solutions to rural women. ”
- She has named it as a TED Fellow in 2009 and described as a “leader in the field of designing and engineering low-cost health products appropriate for the developing world. ”
- Published on: June 28, 2016