to Improve Cooperation on Security, Trade Iran and Pakistan Both Have Agreed [ Current Affairs ]
To enhance two-sided cooperation on regional security and trade Iran and Pakistan have mutually agreed. Iranian President Hassan Rouhani and Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif have taken this decision during intensive talks in Islamabad.
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani is on official state visit to Pakistan and is the first visit by an Iranian head of state in 14 years.
- Both countries have approved to fight essential and terrorist groups in their countries shared border.
- They also have declared the inaugural of two new junction points to raise spirits trade long hampered by sanctions.
- The inaugural will subsidize to economic integration in the region and also promote tourism and people to people contacts.
- Iran also has spoken about to energy and export of gas or electricity to Pakistan as well as launching connectivity between Pakistan’s Gawadar and Iran’s Chabahar seaports issues.
- Pakistanis a Sunni Muslim nation and it had conventionally closes economic and political ties with the Saudi Arabia.
- It is trying to continue a delicate balance endorsing ties with Iran as the West Asia region is coddled in sectarian rift especially between Iran (Shia Muslim nation) and Saudi Arabia in recent time
- Pakistan had refused a Saudi Arabia to join anti-Houthi military coalition (in Yemen) as it would be against Iran previously.
- The move had incensed Saudi Arabia as Pakistan had guaranteed to stand ready to defend any violence against Saudi Arabia.
- Published on: March 28, 2016