IAS Prelims 2016 Syllabus for CSAT-1 (General Studies, GS) and CSAT-2 (Aptutude)
UPSC has gave a notification regarding Civil Services Examination 2011 pertaining to the IAS (Indian Administrative Service), IFS (Indian Foreign Service), IPS (Indian Police Service) and other Central Services i.e.. Both Group A and Group B. Along with the name of the preliminary round of the civil services examination 2011, Civil Services (Prelims), the pattern of examination has now become dynamic. Previously, there used to be GS objective type paper and the optional subject paper. Now, there would be two mandatory papers-one is of Civil Services Preliminary Exam Paper I and another is of Civil Services Exam Paper II. The papers will consist of 200 marks each. Syllabus of Civil Services (prelims) Examination 2011 pattern is stated below:
Syllabus for Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination 2011-
Civil Service Preliminary Exam Paper I (2016) -200 Marks-2 Hours
- Current Events of National and International relevance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the world.
- Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues.
- Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives.
- General Issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climatic Change.
- General Science
Civil Services Preliminary Exam Paper II (2016) -200 marks-2 Hours
- Interpersonal skills covering communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision-making and problem solving.
- General mental ability.
- Basic numeracy (Class Xth level).
- English language comprehension (Class X level).