Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana [ Detailed Analysis - Policies & Governance ]
The requirement for any occupation is skill. The better the person’s skill, the better they perform and earn. In India since the competition for a particular job is high, certified skills are more important. For this reason, the Government of INDIA took an initiative known as Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana.
- This scheme is a skill development initiative.
- The mission behind this initiative is to increase working efficiency by giving awards and rewards upon training.
About Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- This is the flagship scheme for skill training of Indian youth. This scheme is to be implemented by the new ministry of skills development and entrepreneurship through NSDC.
- The scheme will cover 24 lakh people.
- Skill training would be done based on National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF).
- A monetary reward will be given to the trainees on assessment and certification by third party.
- Rs 8000 will be the average monetary reward per trainee
Applying for Kaushal Vikas Yojana
To enroll in this scheme following procedures need to be followed:
The scheme is applicable to any candidate of Indian nationality:
- Undergoes skill development training in the eligible sector by an eligible training provider.
- Certified during the span of one year from the date of launch of the scheme.
- Monetary reward is availed for the first and only time during operation of this scheme
Objectives of Kaushal Vikas Yojana
Processes in Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- The trainees get to one of the authorized training centers with a specific course and training partner.
- The trainee would undergo few training activities with the help of training partner.
- The training partner would collect all candidate details on SDMS by getting information from trainee itself.
- A certificate will be given to the trainee on successfully completing the training.
- Adhar cards will be validated after trainee completes his training successfully to give the rewards.
Funds Allocated For This Scheme
- The total of Rs.1120 crore to be spent on skill training of 14 lakh youth, special emphasis has to be given to recognition of prior learning for which an amount of Rs. 220 crore has been given.
- Awareness building and mobilization efforts would be focused, for which Rs. 67 crore has been provided.
- Mobilization would be done through skill melas organized with participation of the State Governments, Municipal Bodies, Pachayati Rai Institutions and community based organizations.
- The scheme also has mentorship support and placement facilitation for which a total of Rs.67 crore has been provided.
- An allocation of Rs.150 crores has been made for training of youth from the North-East region.
- Skill gap studies would form the basis of assessment under PMKVY.
- The assessment would be carried out under the supervision of NSDC.
- The target of this scheme assessment would be in line with other programs.
- Published on: September 22, 2016