Admission Notice JEE (Mains and Advanced) 2016 [ JEE Updates ]
JEE Apex Board for admission to undergraduate Engineering Programme in NITs, IITs and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions will conduct 4th Joint Entrance Examination (main) - 2016. For admission in NITs, IITs and other Centrally Funded Technical institute merit list shall be prepared based on 40: 60 ratio 40 % will be weighted to school Boards marks (considered after normalization) in 12th class or equivalent examination and 60 % will be weighted to JEE.
Gujrat, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Uttarakhand, Nagaland & Odisha have joined JEE (Main) system. So the candidates looking for admission to the institute in these state, which were earlier admitting based on their State level examination are also advised to fill online application in the JEE (Main) – 2016.
The JEE (Main) is also be an Eligibility test for the JEE (Advanced), which candidates have to take if she/he is aspiring for admission to undergraduate programs offered by IITs/ISM Dhanbad.
The aspiring candidates have to apply online though JEE (Main) website www.jeemain.nic.in the online application process will start from 1st December 2015 onwards. The last date for application is 31st December 2015.
Eligibility criteria for JEE (Main) & JEE (Advanced) are different, the candidates are requested to carefully read for every detail from website www.jeemain.nic.in
JEE (Main) – 2016 shall have two papers Paper – 1 (B. E/B. Tech. ) and Paper – 2 (B. Arch. /B. Planning). Depending upon the course (s) candidates are looking for admission, they may take Paper – 1 (B. E/B. Tech. ), or Paper – 2 (B. Arch. /B. Planning), or both.
Subject combination for each paper, type of questions in each and mode of examination available is given in the below table:
- Paper –1 (B. E/B. Tech. ) - Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics (Objective type with equal weightage to Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics) -Pen and Paper based Exam OR Computer based Exam
- Paper – 2 (B. Arch. /B. Planning) - Mathematics – Part I (MCQ), Aptitude Test – Part II (MCQ) & Drawing Test – Part III (Questions to test drawing aptitude) - Only Pen and Paper based Exam
JEE (Main) Important Dates:
JEE (Main) Important Dates are listed below. Some of them are tentative which will be conformed when information brochure will be issued.
- Detailed Information Brochure will be Released on 1 December 2015
- Online Registration will Begin in 1 December 2015
- The Registration will Close on 31 December 2015
- Issuance of Admit Card 3rd Week of March 2016
- Dates for JEE Main 2016: Offline Exam (Paper 1 and 2) -3 April 2016
- Dates for JEE Main 2016: Online paper (Paper 1 only) - 9 and 10 April 2016
- JEE Main Official Answers Key will be Released on 3rd Week of April 2016
- JEE Main Result will be Announced on 4th Week of April 2016
- JEE Main 2016 Rank List will be Published on 1st Week of July 2016
JEE Main 2016 Counselling Schedule (Tentative)
- JEE Advanced will be held on 22 May 2016
- JEE (Advanced) 2016 AIR will be released on 3rd Week of June 2016
- JEE (Main) AIR was released on 1st Week of July 2016
- Facility to filling choices of colleges and branch we will be available from 1st Week of July 2016
- Mock seat allocation result will be displayed on 1st Week of July 2016
- Seat allocation Round 1 will be held on 2nd Week of July 2016
- Round 2 Seat allocation will be on 2nd Week of July 2016
- Round 3 Seat allocation will be on 3rd Week of July 2016
- Round 4 Seat allocation at NITs + system & Seat Allocation in Preparatory courses (only at IITs) 4th Week of July 2016
- Academic sessions at IITs will start from 4th Week of July 2016
- Round 4 Seat allocation will be on 4th Week of July 2016
JEE Main 2016 Schedule
The schedule of JEE Main 2016 is as given below:
Date of Exam - Paper - Mode of Paper - Timing
3 April 2016 - Paper 1 (B. E/B. Tech) - Pen and Pencil (Offline) - 9: 30am to 12: 30 pm
3 April 2016 - Paper 2 (B. Arch. /B. Planning) - Pen and Pencil (Offline) - 14: 00 pm to 15: 00 pm
9 April 2016 - Paper 1 (B. E/B. Tech) - Computer Based (Online) - Shift 1: 9: 30am to 12: 30 pm and Shift 2: 2: 00pm to 5: 00pm
10 April 2016 - Paper 1 (B. E/B. Tech) - Computer Based (Online) -*will only be held if required
JEE Main 2016 Eligibility Criteria CBSE has made it very clear that only eligible candidates will be granted admission through the examination. As per the Board, the eligible candidates are those who will fulfill the eligibility criterion below.
- Age Limit: Candidate should not be born before 1 October 1991. However, the same for SC/ST/PwD candidates is 1 October 1986.
- Education Qualification: As per criteria of JEE Main 2016, a candidate should have passed qualifying examination either in 2014 or 2015. However, candidates who gave their 10 + 2 (or equivalent) exams in 2016 may also apply.
- Apart from this, candidates must have had five subjects, which must include Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as core subjects.
- Number of Attempts for JEE Main: Each candidate is entitled to take JEE Main three times only.
You can pay examination fees by
- By Debit/Credit Card
- Though E - challan generated after successful submission of online application form. the fee though E - challan may be deposited in any Brach of Syndicate/Canara/ICIC/HDFC Bank.
- The fee for JEE (Main) – 2016 is as following.
Steps to how to apply online
- Step 1: Download the information bulletin and read it carefully to ensure your eligibility.
- Step 2: Read the contents of Online Format and instructions for applying online given in the Information Bulletin and keep the entire information ready.
- Step 3: Keep the Scanned Images of your Photograph, Signature and Left Hand Thumb Impression ready in JPG format only.
- Step 4: Fill in the Online Application Form.
- Step 5: Upload Scanned Images of Photograph, Signature and Left Hand Thumb
- Step 6: Pay Examination Fee by Debit/Credit card or e - challan (generated after submission of details in online application form).
- Step 7: Download Acknowledgement Slip and keep the same in safe custody for future reference.
- NOTE - The candidate should mention only his/her own Mobile No. and E - Mail ID while
- Submitting the On - line application, as all the communications will be sent to the candidates on their registered Mobile Number and E - mail ID only.
For information about JEE (Advanced), the candidates are advised to visit JEE (Advanced) - Website www.jeeadv.ac.in
- Published on: November 26, 2015