NEET PG Memory Based Sample Questions Set 12 for 2016
1. What is TESA ?
testicular sperm aspiration
2. The limiting amino acid in wheat is ?
lysine and threonine
3: A 25 year old woman with recurrent episodes of headaches,sweating and hypertension is noted to have elevated vanilylmandelic acid ( VMA ) and metanephrines. CT scan reveals no abnormalities in either adrenal gland . which of the following is the most probable location of the pheochromocytoma ?
b. bifurcation of aorta
c. paravertebral ganglia
d. carotid body
4. Which one of the following is a permanent spatial group ?
5. A five year old boy has multiple asymptomatic oval and circular faintly hypopigmented macules with fine scaling on his face. The most probable clinical diagnosis ?
a. ptyriasis versicolor
b. indeterminate leprosy
c. ptyriasis alba
d. acrofacial vitiligo
6. The composition of MALA – N and MALA – D
Answer: norgestrol 0.3 mg and ethinyl estradiol 0.03 mg
7: MIRENA is a T shaped IUCD which releases ______ micrograms of _______?
Answer: 20 micrograms of levonorgestrel .
8. Delirium tremens is characterized by confusion associated with
a. autonomic hyperactivity and tremors
d. capgras syndrome
9. An anaesthetist orders an attendant to bring the oxygen cylinder . He will ask the attendant to identify the correct cylinder by following which color code ?
a. black cylinder with white shoulders
10. Extensive pleural thickening and calcification especially involving the diaphragmatic pleura are classical features of
a. coal workers pneumoconises
answer : b
11. A positive tuberculin test, with a firm 15 mm diameter dark red firm area of induration on the forearm appears 60 hrs following injection of the PPD. This finding is most likely to be a consequence of which of the following types of hypersensitivity reaction ?
a. type 1 hypersensitivity
b. type 2 hypersensitivity
c. type 3 hypersensitivity
d. type 4 hypersensitivity
12. Which of the following does not handle free radicals in lens?
a. vitamin A
b. vitamin C
c. vitamin E
13: hyaluronic acid is found in
a. vitreous humor
b. synovial fluid
14. Which of the following is true of judicial hanging
a. knot is present behind the neck
b. knot is at the side of the neck
c. ligature always presents below the chin
d. choice of hangman
15. A person presents with acute poisoning, with clinical picture of chills and rigors similar to malaria. Which is the most likely poisoning ?
c. red phosphorus
16. Brain is preserved in all of the following poisonings except
a. OPC poisoning
b. Alkaloid poisoning
c. Heavy metal poisoning
d. Volatile organic poisoning
17. Cytosolic cytochrome C plays an important role in ?
b. cell necrosis
c. electron transport chain
d. cell division
18. Sexual asphyxia is associated with which one of the following
19. Post-transplant lymphoma occurs due to proliferation of which of the following cells ?
a. T cell
b. B cell
c. NK cell
Answer : b
20. NK cells attack which of the following cells ?
a. MHC cells which express MHC 1
b. Cells which are not able to express MHC 1
c. MHC cells which express MHC 2
d. Cells which are not able to express MHC 2
21. Which is autosomal dominant ?
a. gyrate atrophy
b. best disease
c. Lawrence moon biedl syndrome
d. Bassen kornweig disease
22. Treatment of choice for glue ear ?
a. myringotomy with ventilation tube insertion
23. All the following are contraindicated in pregnancy except ?
a. sodium nitroprusside
d. ACE inhibitors
24. The following drug is not useful in MRSA (methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus ) ?
25. Northern blot is used for the separation of ?
a. m RNA
d. Protein DNA interaction