NEET PG Memory Based Sample Questions Set 13 for 2016
1. CAP in lac operon is an example of ?
a. positive regulator
b. negative regulator
c. constitutive expression
2. 6 year old child with recurrent URTI with mouth breathing and impaired hearing . Treatment is ?
a. adenoidectomy with grommet insertion
3. Most common cause of blindness in children in India is all except ?
b. opthalmia neonatorum
d. congenital dacryocystitis
4. The nucleus involved in papez circuit is ?
c. VPL nucleus
d. Anterior nucleus
5. The processing of short term memory and long term memory is done in which part of brain ?
6. These mechanism of learning and memory includes all except ?
a. increasing or decreasing neurotransmitter release
b. increasing receptor synthesis
c. recruitment by multiplication of neurons
d. spatial organization of the associational areas
7. Tot secreted in the kidney is ?
b. angiotensin 1
d. 1,25 DHCC
8. If a stab wound lacerates the posterior humeral circumflex artery passing through the quadrangular space on the shoulder region, which of the following nerves might be injured ?
a. axillary nerve
9. Which of the following ligaments is important in preventing forward displacement of the femur on the tibia when the weight bearing knee is flexed ?
a. posterior cruciate ligament prevents anterior displacement of femur on tibia
10. A 21 year old woman comes to the emergency department with chylothorax due to rupture of the thoracic duct. Lymphatic drainage remains normal in which of the following areas ?
a. left thorax
b. right thorax
c. left abdomen
d. right pelvis
11. If the urethra is torn distal to the urogenital diaphragm , urine might accumulate in the ?
a. retropubic space
b. medial aspect of thigh
c. ischiorectal fossa
d. superficial perineal space
12. Parasympathetic fibres that supply the urinary bladder are derived from which of the following nerves ?
a. pelvic splanchnic nerve
13. General somatic afferents ( GSA ) fibres are contained in which of the following structures
a. sympathetic trunk
b. dorsal root
c. greater splanchnic nerve
d. gray rami communicates
14. A lesion of parasympathetic fibres in the vagus nerve interferes with glandular secretory or smooth muscle functions in which of the following organs
b. transverse colon
c. sigmoid colon
d. prostate gland
15. Aver activity of the thiazide sensitive NaCl transporter is called as
a. dent’s disease
b. gordon’s syndrome
c. liddle syndrome
d. gitelman’s syndrome
16. Most important marker for acute and chronic malnutrition is ?
a. weight for height
c. Weight for age
d. Height for age
17. The following is the first phenotypic expression of hereditary hemochromatosis?
a. post prandial increase in iron
b. increased serum ferritin
c. increase in transferrin saturation
d. slate like skin pigmentation
18. The mechanism of action of imatinib ?
a. competitive inhibitor of the bcr abl gene product
b. P glycoprotein inhibitor
c. P glycoprotein stimulator
d. Competitively antagonizes the ATP binding site
20. The following statement is true regarding AIDS associated arthropathy ?
a. involves smaller joints
b. erosive arthritis
c. NSAID s are the drug of choice
d. Lasts 6 weeks to 6 months
21. All of the following produce diphtheria toxin except ?
a. corynebacterium diphtheriae
b. corynebacterium ulcerans
c. corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis
d. corynebacterium pseudodipthericum
21. Dienes phenomenon is seen in ?
Answer : a
22. A patient with conjugated hyperbilirubinemia was diagnosed to have an inherited disorder of bile cancalicular function . His serum gamma glutamyl transferase ( GGT ) levels were elevated . What could be the probable diagnosis ?
b. Rotors syndrome
c. PFIC 2
d. PFIC 3
24. The following CD antigen regulates Ig E synthesis ?
a. CD 23
b. CD 22
c. CD 21
d. CD 20
Answer : a
24. The complement component H deficiency predisposes to ?
a. pyogenic infections
b. neisseria infection
c. Hemolytic uremic syndrome
d. Immune complex syndromes
25. Asialoglycoprotein receptor is the auto antigen in which auto immune disorder?
a. auto immune hepatitis
b. myasthenia gravis
c. auto immune gastritis
d. acquired hypoparathyroidism