Praxis II Spanish Exam by ETS
PRAXIS II Spanish: Content Knowledge Exam
The exam is aimed for those individuals who wants to teach beginning Spanish. Two hours will be provided, to complete 120 MCQs, based on printed and recorded materials in Spanish. There will be 20 questions pertaining to cultural perspectives, 31 questions pertaining to interpretive reading, 34 questions pertaining to language structure and 32 questions pertaining to interpretive listening.
For the cultural perspectives, interpretive reading, and structure of language sections you should have a good understanding of grammar terminology, know the structure of the Spanish-language; be familiar with print and non-print materials written in Spanish and know the culture of Spanish-speaking countries. For section II part B you will be provided with writing samples from non-native Spanish students and asked to identify and correct errors in their writing.
- Cultural Perspectives: This section will focus on written in Spanish. This section will focus on geography, history, literature, the arts and societies and lifestyles of the Spanish-speaking world.
- Interpretive Reading: This section will reading selections in Spanish at various levels of difficulty. You will be asked to answer questions in Spanish pertaining to use of language, implied content, organization and actual content of these selections.
- Language Structure: This section will focus on the grammar, language, writing, and speech in Spanish. In the grammar section, you will be asked to select or provide or select an appropriate phrase or word and complete sentences and short paragraphs. In the language section, you will be asked to demonstrate your knowledge of vocabulary, word analysis, morphology and language structure. In the writing section you will be asked to describe, correct, and identify errors in word choice, capitalization, spelling and punctuation of passengers printed in the test booklet. In the speech section you will be asked to listen to recordings of Spanish and correct and identify grammatical errors such as false cognates, pronunciation errors and use of slang.
- Interpretive Listening: This section will focus on the audio recordings of short narratives, conversations, and dialogues from native Spanish speakers that will be followed by questions. The questions will cover vocabulary and structures of conversational Spanish, comprehension of cultural information into spoken material, idiomatic expressions and phonemic discrimination.
PRAXIS II Spanish: Pedagogy Exam
The exam is aimed to design for those individuals who wants to teach Spanish in grades K − 12. One hour will be provided, to complete the 3 written response questions that comprise this exam. Each question will count as 331/3% of the final grade. The following topics will be covered: Evaluation of Instruction and Teaching and Planning. All of your responses must be written in English.
- Evaluation of Instruction: Questions in this section will focus on how to evaluate teaching materials and textbooks, how to assess student progress, and the evaluation of student instructional techniques.
- Teaching: This section will focus on the teaching theories, teaching strategies and methodologies for teaching Spanish.
- Planning: These questions will focus on planning instruction, developing lesson plans, topics to include in a Spanish curriculum and how a Spanish curriculum fits into the school curriculum.
PRAXIS II Spanish: Productive Language Skills Exam
The exam is aimed for those individuals who wants to teach Spanish in grades K − 12. One hour will be provided, to complete this exam. Your written and verbal responses must be in Spanish. There will be 3 written response questions pertaining to presentational writing in Spanish and there will be 6 questions that cover presentational speaking in Spanish. The presentational writing questions will count as 40% of the final grade and the presentational speaking questions will count as 60% of the final grade.
- Presentational Writing: This section will focus on how to write a letter or e-mail, write questions and narrate a picture in Spanish. For the writing questions you will be asked to write four questions that will provoke long and short answers. When writing a letter e-mail, you will be asked to write a short and formal e-mail or letter, in reference to a situation printed in your test booklet. For the picture narration section, you will be asked to write a short composition, in reference to a series of pictures that are covered in the test booklet.
- Presentational Speaking: This section will focus on how to record your answers in Spanish, onto a tape recorder. There will be 6 taped questions for you to answer in this section of the exam. These questions will cover a brief talk, oral paraphrase, stating and defending an opinion, picture narration or giving instructions, picture description and role playing. For the brief talk question you will be asked to respond to a situation using the appropriate level of language for the audience and the task. To answer the oral paraphrase question you will be asked to paraphrase a Spanish text that you heard previously on the tape. The stating and defending an opinion question will require you to state and defend an opinion on a topic from your test booklet. For the picture narration question narration of a series of pictures or telling a story based on a series of pictures is required. To answer the giving instructions question you will be asked to provide step-by-step instructions, based on a series of pictures in the test booklet. For the picture description question you will be asked to provide a detailed description of a picture. To answer the role-playing question you will be asked to respond to a role-playing situation printed in the test booklet.