HBCSE Chemistry Olympiad
The International Chemistry Olympiad (IChO) is a competitive exam for students pursuing their secondary and higher secondary education from all over thw world. This exam is for encouraging chemistry development and moulding interest of children towards chemistry. This exam was initiated in the year 1968. The exam also helps create anf develop friendly relations between the young people from different countries.
India's participation in the exam initiated in the year 1999 at the 31st IChO held at Bangkok, Thailand. It hosted the 33rd International Chemistry Olympiad (IChO), immediately in its third year of participation in 2001 with whole-hearted support of all countries. The five stages of the exam are:
- Stage I: National Standard Examination in Chemistry (NSEC)
- Stage II: Indian National Chemistry Olympiad (INChO)
- Stage III: Orientation cum Selection Camp (OCSC) in chemistry
- Stage IV: Pre-departure Training Camp (PDT) for IChO
- Stage V: Participation in International Chemistry Olympiad (IChO).