International English Olympiad (IEO) FAQs: Your Questions Answered
How does a student benefit by taking IEO?
- The test teaches the students the spirit of competition, hard work and then finally encourages them through felicitation. Students can appear for test and judge where they stand at school, at city and state and International level. Students are given awards on their International and State ranking. Prizes include cash prizes, computers, medals, I-pads, gifts etc. The top 3 students of each class are given awards at grand prize distribution ceremonies presided over by eminent personalities. Other prizes are either sent to the schools or can be collected from the Foundation's office after announcement.
Who all are eligible to sit for the IEO?
- Students studying from class 1 to 12 can appear for the test. Once they clear the IEO, they get to the next level. But only top 5% internationally ranked students class wise, the school toppers from each class (with minimum 10 students enrolled from particular class) and ten state toppers class wise are allowed to move to the second level.
I am interested to take part in the IEO. How will I acknowledge the details of the exam?
- The students can know all the necessary and accurate information either from the school representatives or from the official website i.e.. www.sofworld.org. All the relevant information is delivered to the schools all over the India and Asian countries along with prospectus, registration forms and posters before the first round and then for the second round also, the information is sent seperately.
We want to appear for the IEO exam but our school has not yet received any information regarding the Olympiad. How shall we register?
What is the syllabus for the IEO?
- The medium of exam will be english. The entire syllabus of the IEO is based on what you have learnt till your classes all the years. However it includes syllabus by the CBSE, ICSE or various state boards. You may find the syllabus on the Foundation's website.
Are there any special books which the participants should refer to for the IEO preparation?
- There are no special books which you need to refer for the exam. Yet it would be preferable that you go through MTG IEO class wise workbooks. These workbooks include chapter wise Multiple Choice Questions and previous year paper's of IEO. Also a book called “English for Competitive Examination” of MTG publication may prove to be useful.
My school does not want to register for the IEO, but I am very eager to appear for the exam. Can I register it myself?
- SOF does not accept individual participation. Students have to register through their schools only.
My school has already despatched the registration forms. I am left out and I want to register myself for the IEO. What can I do?
- You can request your school authority to send your name for registration along with the fees to us. We will accept it if it reaches us before the last date of registration (usually 30 days before the exam).
When are the results of IEO declared?
- Results of both the levels of IEO are declared within 6 weeks of the examination. These results, you can get it directly through school or you can look up for them on the SOF website.
I have taken part in the IEO. Can I at the same time participate in the National Science Olympiad (IEO), International Mathematics Olympiad (IEO) and International English Olympiad (IEO)?
- Yes you can take part in all of them. Although conducted by the same Foundation, IEO, IEO, IEO and IEO are four completely different competitions. Students can register for all the 4 Olympiads in a year.
Do I have to regularly visit your website for the latest update of SOF activities?
- You can find all the important information regarding Olympiads, Seminars, etc. like date, time and venue on SOF website.
I haven't yet received my Roll No./Admit Card/Participation Certificate. I have checked from my school authorities and they are also not in receipt of the same. Kindly advise what to do?
- May you request your Principal/Computer Teacher to inform us that they haven't received the documents. We shall send duplicate copies to your school as soon as we get to know about it from them.
We have come to know about your Foundation and we are interested. How do we enroll our school with you?
- Please send us the complete address of your school. We will send detailed information, prospectus and registration forms to your School at the appropriate time. Please send the address in the underwritten format.
- School Name: Address: City: State: Pin code Phone No. With STD Code: E-mail: Principal
We have less than 50 students in our school who are interested to take part in the IEO. Can we still enroll for the test?
- The foundation cannot make the school a centre where there are less than 50 students as it is not viable for it. Hence at least 50 students should be enrolled from a school so that a school becomes a center.
Give criteria for ranking.
- Marks obtained in the IEO exam is the criteria upon which the students will be ranked.
- In case there is a tie between two or more students, ranks will be determined on following priority and criteria:
- Firstly the marks obtained in various sections of the IEO exam as every section has its own separate weightage.
- The second criteria would be the student's past performance in the school as stated in the OMR. This may be verified at the discretion of SOF. In case the past performance is not mentioned ot student disagrees to mention it, he may not be considered for ranking in case of a tie.
- Age of the student-with greater preference being given to the younger student.
- Telephonic or personal Interview may be conducted.
- No two students will be given same rank.
Discussions & Questions
My Daughter stood first in school and got gold medal. I want to know why she had been not selected for 2 level? ( - ta...@ on ))
1 AnswerPlease contact SOF for the same.
- Examrace on