Appear for NSO
Registration of Students
Students from classes 1st to 12th are eligible to appear for the exam. The application forms for the exam are distributed to schools and students along with the information booklet all over India and abroad.
The school's coordinating teacher, for registration purpose has to generate roll calls. How to generate them is mentioned in the guidelines. These roll calls are to be sent to the Foundation office in stipulated time period along with the students'registration and school registration sheet.
After receiving the roll calls and registration sheets, the foundation will register your school and the students. Thenafter the question papers and guidelines for conducting the examination will be sent to the schools. The school can also register itself to be a centre for NSO. No fee is required from the institution to become a registered examination Centre.
Minimum participation of 50 students is necessary from each school for feasibility reasons. Registration for the exam is possible only through schools. No individual registration by the student is accepted.
Fees: A nominal participation fee is charged from each student. Part of the fees is retained by the school to cover its expenses as exam centre. The minute details regarding the fees/mode of payment etc. Is printed in the School Registration Forms sent to schools, which has to be used.
The National Science Olympiad promotes students from India to excel at International level. The competition is conducted at two levels.
Levels for NSO
Level 1: The first level of the test is conducted by the respective schools in which students study. The exam is conducted during the school hours.
- The level 1 question paper consists of Multiple Choice questions. The test duration is of 60 minutes. The paper has 35/50 objective-type questions in it.
- The question paper has two sections. One of Science and the second is Mental Ability section.
- Each class has separate question papers.
- The medium of the test is English. CBSE, ICSE/ISC and State Board syllabus is followed for setting the test papers.
- The exam is conducted during school hours.
Level 2: The eligibility criteria for attempting the second round would include the following:
- The top 5% students in 1st level exam from each class will be promoted to 2nd level.
- State wise top 10 performing students from each class will be eligible to appear for 2nd level.
- Topper of each class where at least 10 students have appeared for the exam will also be promoted to 2nd level.
Any clarification regarding rules, format/pattern of the paper, etc. may be sought from the National Coordinator through Phone, fax or e-mail at email@example.com
Telefax: 0124 − 4591200, 09312680857
Address: 3rd floor, Plot No 99, Sector 44, Gurgaon-122003