Schedule of Preparation for PLAB 2016
Following is an example of planning and how systematically you can prepare and appear for PLAB step 1. Refer to the corresponding topics in section 1 of our book RXPG First Aid of the PLAB for more information.
6 months in Advance of PLAB Exam
- Register yourself with GMC by completing registration form that is available at British Council.
- Choose and purchase the desired books for PLAB.
- Begin reading OHCM-Target for one month period.
- Aim to clear IELTS as soon as possible.
5 months in Advance of PLAB Exam
- Begin the first revision of OHCM.
- Appear for IELTS and aim for a decent score-aimed for English proficiency.
4 months in Advance of PLAB Exam
- Begin reading OHCS.
- Apply for PLAB part one after having a good command over OHCM.
3 months in Advance of PLAB Exam
- Begin your first revision of OHCS.
- Solve questions from OHCS book.
- Start lecture notes, surgery and other books to be finished by end of this month.
2 months in Advance of PLAB Exam
- Review PLAB test format and exam pattern.
- Practice speed and accuracy on dummy answer sheets in OHCS and estimate a result for the answers.
- Confirm all the information on PLAB examination and make a list.
1 months in Advance of PLAB Exam
- Pinpoint remaining weakness.
- Begin second revision of OHCM.
- Workout on the weak areas.
2 − 3 Weeks in Advance of PLAB Exam
- Check and confirm receipts of admission ticket.
- Exercise and stay fit
- Simulate PLAB I exam almost daily to enhance both speed and accuracy.
One Week in Advance of PLAB Exam
- Try to make your self comfortable in the surroundings of the examination
- Know the examination site and prepare information and logistics like location, transportation, parking etc.
- Consult your seniors about the test details.
1 Day before PLAB Exam
- Get relaxed and be confident.
- Go a quick revision of the notes and books that you have referred to avoid confusion
- Get a good night sleep (atleast for 8 hours).
Night before PLAB Exam
- Relax and have a sound sleep.
- Usually the exam is in the afternoon, so have a light breakfast and early lunch.