Physics Syllabus for Chattisgarh Group-I Services
The Physics Syllabus for Chhattisgarh State Civil Services Preliminary Exam-2011 is given below. The examination will be held on 6 May 2012 (Sunday) by the Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission. Acquaint yourself with the break-up of Physics syllabus into various sections.
Mechanics Thermal Physics, Waves and Oscillations. And Physical Optics
- Mechanics: Conservative force field and potential energy, Gravitational potential and its intensity due to a uniform spherical shell and uniform sphere, Measurement of G. Planctary motion and Kepler's laws. Motion of rigid bodies, Coriolis force, Gyroscope Euler's equations of motion of a nonviscous fluid, Bernoulti's theorem and its applications, Circulation. Raynold number, Turbwence, Viscous flow of fluids and Poiseulle's equation and measurement of viscosity Conservation laws and relativistic mechanics, its simple applications.
- Thermal physics: Maxwell-Boltzman law of distribution of velocities and speeds, law of equipartition of energy, specific heat of gases. Mean free path and transport phenomena-viscosity thermal conductivity and diffusion, Brownian motion (elementary treatment) Equation of State for real gases, vanderwalls (Vdw) equation, critical constants. Laws of thermodynamics and thermodynamical potentials. U. H. F. & G. Maxwell's relations and their applications. Production and measurement of low temperature.
- Waves and Oscillations: Equations fo motion for oscillations with one and two degrees of freedom and their solutions, Phase and group velocities, Fourier Series and Fourier analysis of simple cases.
- Physical Optics: Interference-Biprism, Newton's ring Formation of Colours in thin films, Interferometers. Michelson and Fabri Pero interferometers, Diffraction: Simple cases of Fresne's diffraction, Zone plate, Fraunhofer's Diffraction by multiple slits, Plane and concave gratings Mountings of grating and measurement of wavelength of light.
- Production and detection of polarised light Fresnel's theory of rotation of plane of polarisation, polarimeters, Rayleigh's criterion for resolving power of an optical instrument Resolving power of a telescope, grating and prism, Dispersive power of grating and prism, Basic ideas of Laser and its applications.
Electricity, Magnetism, Electronics, Atomic and Nuclear physics
- Electricity and Magnetism: Theory of bailastic galvanometer. Growth and decay of current in LCR circuits and their applications, Alternating currents through LCR circuits, Resonance, power factor, Choke coil, A. C. Bridges and their applications.
- Elementary theory of dia, para & ferro-magnetism. Curie-weiss law, Concept of magnetic domain, work done due to magnetic hysteresis.
- Electronics: Child-Langmuir equation for thermionic emission. Static and dyanmic characteristics of diode, triode, tetrode.
- Band structure of conductor and semiconductor (only qualitative discussion), doped semi-conductors p-n diode, p-n − 7 and n-p-n transistors.
- Simple circuits (Vacume tube and transistor) circuits for rectification, amplification, oscillation, modulation and detection of r. f. Waves, Elementary idea of television.
- Atomic and Nuclear Physics: Thomson mass spectrograph, Astonis mass spectrograph and separation of isotopes, critical view of Bohr Model, Energy level diagram, Ionisation and Excitation potentials, Frank-Itertz experiment, Continuous and characteristic X-ray spectra, Explanation of Mosely law through Bohr theory.
- Inclusion of electron Spin, Starn Gerlack experiment.
- Quantum numbers n, l. m, ms, pauli's exclusion, principle. Electronic configuration of atoms, Elementary idea of vector atom model, laws of radio active disintegration and radio-active equalibrium, induced radioactivity, Q value of a nuclear reaction and discovery of neutron.
- Basic properties and Structure of nuclii, Mechanism of Alpha, Beta and Gamma decay (only elementary treatment). Basic nuclear detectors: Ionisation chamber, proportional counter and G. M. Counter, Cloud and Bubble chambers charged particle accelerator: Cylotron, Basic properties of cosmic rays, An introduction to elementary particles (only qualitative discussion).
- Nuclear fission and nuclear reactor, Nuclear fusion and source of Solar energy (Bethe cycle) Particle behaviour of radiation Photoelectric effect and it's explanation, wave behaviour of matter; de Broglic hypotheses and matter waves, Duality in nature, elementary dicussion of Heissenbery nucertainly, principle, Electron microscope