Statistics Syllabus for Chattisgarh Group-I Services
The Statistics Syllabus for Chhattisgarh State Civil Services Preliminary Exam-2011 is given below. The examination will be held on 6 May 2012 (Sunday) by the Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission. Acquaint yourself with the break-up of Statistics syllabus into various sections.
- Statistical Methods-Measures of central tendency, dispersion. Skewness and kurtosis, measures of association and contingency, correlation and regression, partial and multiple correlation and regression, partial and multiple correlation, rank correlation, curve fitting.
- Probability-Sample space and events. Theorems on probability, statistical independence, Bayes theorem, discrete and continuous random variables, probability mass function, probability density function, distribution function, bivariate distribution, marginal and conditional distributions, Expectation moments, moment generating, function, Chebyshev's inequality, Binomial, Poisson, Hypergeo-metric, Negative binomial, uniform, exponential, gamma, Beta, normal and bivariate normal probability distributions. Convergence in probability, weak law of large numbers and simple form of central limit theorem (without proof).
- Statistical Inference-Requirements-of good estimate-unbiasedness, consistency, sufficiency and efficiency, Cramer-Rao inequality, Methods of estimation, method of moments, method of maximum likelihood Properties of maximum likelihood estimates (Without proof) confidence intervals.
- Simple and composite hypotheses, statistical tests, critical region, two kinds of error Neyman Pearson Lemma and it applications for constructing tests for one parameter. Tests of significance based on t, F and chisquare (x2) statistics
- Sampling techniques-Nature and scope of sampling, simple random sampling, estimation of ratio and proportion, stratified sampling, systematic sampling, sampling and non-sampling errors, planning and organisation of sample surveys.
- Design of experiments-Analysis of variance for one way, two and three way classifications, Principles of experimental designs, completely randomized design, Randomized block design, Latin square design, missing plot techniques (one missing observation)
- Index Numbers-Definition, Construction, interpretation and limitations of index mumbers Lespoyre, Passche, Edge-Worth-Marshal and Fisher index numbers. Tests for index numbers and construction of cost of living index number.
- Statistical Quality Control-Concepts of quality and meaning of control. Different types of control charts (X, R, O, P, n, p, c) Sampling inspection versus 100% inspection, single sequential sampling plan for attributes, O. C. A. S N and T. I. Curves. Concepts of Producer's and consumers risk.
- Vital Statistics; Vital rates and ratios crude death and birth rates, specific birth and death rates, standardized death rate infant mortality-rate, life cable description and uses General fertility rate, life cable description and uses. General fertility rate, total fertility rate, Gross and net reproduction rates. Indian census.