UPPSC Commerce Syllabus
Accounting and Finance Part-1:
- Accounting, Auditing and Taxation: Accounting as a financial information system, impact ofbehavioural science, Methods of accounting of changing price levels. Current purchasing power (CPP) and current cost accounting. Advanced problems of company accounts; Amalgamation, Absorption andreconstruction of companies. Accounting of holding companies. Valuation of Shares and goodwill. Controllership functions-Property control legal and management control. Important provisions of the IncomeTax Act. 1961 Definition, lncidence & Tax liability. Charge of Income tax. Exemptions. Depreciationallowance. Simple problems of computation of income under the various heads and determination of assessable income of Individuels and firms, Income tax authorities.
- Nature and functions of cost accounting. Cost Classification. Techniques of segregating semivariablecosts into fixed and variable components. Job costing Methods of Pricing of issue of Materials. Reconciliation of cost and financial accounts. Marginal Costing, Cost volume-profd relationship-Algebricformulae and graphical representation, Shut-down point. Techniques of cost control and cost reduction, Budgetary control, Flexible budgets, Standard costing and variance analysis. Responsibility accounting. Bases of charging overheads and their inherent fallacy, costing for pricing decision. Significance of the attext-function-programming the audit work valuation and verification of assets, fixedwasting and current assets verification of liabilities. Audit of limited companies. Appointment status, powersduties and liabilities of the auditor, Auditor's report. Audit fo share capital and transfer of shares. Specialpoints in the audit of banking and insurance companies.
- Business Finance and Financial Institututions: Concept and scope of Financial Mariagament-Financial goals of corporations, capital Budgetting Rules of the thumb and discounted cash flow approaches, incorporating uncertainity in investment decisions. Designing an optimal capital structure. Weightedaverage cost of capital and the controversy surrounding the Modigliani and Miller Model. Source ofraising short term, intermediate and long term finance, Role of Public Deposits and convertible debentures. Norms and guidelines regarding debtequity ratios-Determinants of an optimal dividend policy, optimising models of James E Walter and John Lintner Forms of divident payment. Structure of working capital andthe variables affecting the level of difference of componets cash flow approach of forecasting workingcapital needs. Profiles of working capital in indian industries. Credit management and cerdit-policy. Consideration of tax in relation to financial planning and cash flow statements.
- Organisation and deficiencies of Indian Money Market. Structure of assets and liablities of commercialbanks. Achievments and failures of nationalisation. Regional rural banks, Recommendations of the P. L. Tandon study Groups on following of Bank Credit, 1976 and their revisiorby the Chore Committee, 1979. Assessment of the monetary and credit policies of the Reserve Bank of India. Constitutons of the indiancapital Market. Functions and working of all India term financial institution (IDBI, IFCI, ICIC, and IRBI). Investment Polices of the Life Insurance Corporaton of India and the Unit Trust of India. Present stageof stock exchanges and their regulation.
- Provisons of the Negotiable Instruments Act. 1881 relating to crossing and endorsements with particularreference to statutor, protection to the paying and collecting bankers. Salient provision and the bankingRegulaton Act, 1949 with regard to charting, supervison and regulation of banks.
Organisation Theory and industrial Relations
Part-I: Organisation Theory
Nature and concepts of organisaton, Organisaton goals; primary and secondary goals, single and multiplegoals, endsmeans chain. Displacement, succession, expansion and multiplication of goals. Formalorganisaton: Type structure: Fine and staff, Functional matrix and project, informal organisaton: Functionsand limitations. Evolution of organisation theory, classical, Neo-clssical and system approach, Bureaucracy Nature and basis of power, source of power, power structue and politics, Morale and productivity, leadership. Theories and styles management of conflicts in organisaton, transactlonal analysis, significanceof culture to organisation. Limits of rationality. Organisational change, adaptations, growth and development, organisational control and effectiveness. Public accountabilty of organisations.
Part-II: Industrial Relations
Industiral labour in India and its commitment, Absentism and labour Turnover in Indian Industries. Natureand scope of Industrial Relations. Workers educaton, Workers participation in Management: Philoshophy, Rational, Present day stase of affaires, and its future prospects, Industrial Relations in Pubilc Enterpreses. Role of Personnel Department in an organisaton, Executive development personnel polices Personnelaudit and personel research, Wage and wage differentials, Wage policy in India, Legislative measures forwage administration in India, wages in Indian ludustry and agriculture. Theories of Unionism, Trade Union Movement in India: Growth and Structure. Role of outside leadership. Collective bargaining; Approaches, Conditions limitations and its effectiveness in India. International Labourorganisation and India. Prevention and settlement of industrial disputes in India. Settlement machinery, preventive measures and other measures in practice.