Competitive Exams: Subjective Theory and Model Questions (Practice-Test 7 of 9)
What is Cheque? Cheque is a negotiable instrument instructing a Bank to pay a specific amount from a specified account held in the maker/depositor's name with that Bank. A bill of exchange drawn on a specified banker and payable on demand. “Written order directing a bank to pay money”
What is demand Draft? A demand draft is an instrument used for effecting transfer of money. It is a Negotiable Instrument. Cheque and Demand-Draft both are used for Transfer of money. You can 100% trust a DD. It is a banker's check. A check may be dishonored for lack of funds a DD can not. Cheque is written by an individual and Demand draft is issued by a bank. People believe banks more than individuals.
What is Core Banking Solutions? Core banking is a general term used to describe the services provided by a group of networked bank branches. Bank customers may access their funds and other simple transactions from any of the member branch offices. It will cut down time, working simultaneously on different issues and increasing efficiency. The platform where communication technology and information technology are merged to suit core needs of banking is known as Core Banking Solutions.
What is bank and its features and types? A bank is a financial organization where people deposit their money to keep it safe. Banks play an important role in the financial system and the economy. As a key component of the financial system, banks allocate funds from savers to borrowers in an efficient manner. Regional Rural Banks were established with an objective to ensure sufficient institutional credit for agriculture and other rural sectors. The RRBs mobilize financial resources from rural/semi-urban areas and grant loans and advances mostly to small and marginal farmers, agricultural labourers and rural artisans. The area of operation of RRBs is limited to the area as notified by GoI covering one or more districts in the State.
- Banking services for individual customers is known as retail banking.
- A bank that deals mostly in but international finance, long-term loans for companies and underwriting. Merchant banks do not provide regular banking services to the general public
- Online banking (or Internet banking) allows customers to conduct financial transactions on a secure website operated by their retail or virtual bank.
- Mobile Banking is a service that allows you to do banking transactions on your mobile phone without making a call, using the SMS facility. Is a term used for performing balance checks, account transactions, payments etc. Via a mobile device such as a mobile phone.
- Traditional banking is the normal bank accounts we have. Like, put your money in the bank and they act as a security and you will get only the normal interests (decided by RBI in our case, FED bank in US).
- Investment banking is entirely different. Here, people who are having so much money (money in excess which will yield only less interest if in Banks) will invest their money and get higher returns. For example, If i have more money instead of taking the pain of investing in share market, buying properties etc. I will give to investment banks and they will do the money management and give me higher returns when compared to traditional banks.