Ford Foundation Diversity Fellowships
The Ford Foundation Diversity Fellowships came into being with the following objectives in mind:
- Bringing about a marked increase in the number of teachers belonging to different races as well as ethnicity.
- To take the educational benefits of such diversity to the maximum level.
- To increase the number of professors who would be willing to make use of this diversity as a fuel for improving the level of education of students.
To fulfil the respective objectives and aims, the fellowship gives away awards at the pre-doctoral, dissertation and post-doctoral levels to students who are above average, show a commitment for diversity and has a burning ambition to be a part of the faculty.
Awards of Fellowship
The Ford Foundation Diversity Fellowships offer the awards and the number of which are subject to change are quoted below-
0 pre-doctoral awards each of $20, 000 annually for a maximum period of 2 years
35 dissertation awards each of $21, 000 for a maximum period of 1 year
20 post-doctoral awards each of $40, 000 for a maximum period of 1 year.
Candidates must be US citizens and race, country of birth, religion, gender, age, physical disability etc are no impediments.
Candidates must have an outstanding academic record.
Candidates must have enthusiasm and the motivation to embark upon a career in teaching at the college or university level.
Candidates must either be enrolled or have the desire to be enrolled in a research-related program which would culminate in a PHD or D. SC.
Candidates must not have a doctoral degree.
Fellowships Office, GR 346A
- National Research Council, 500 Fifth Street, NW, Washington, DC 20001
- Phone: 202 − 334 − 2872
- Email: National-academies. Org/fellowships
- Link: National Academies