CBSE (UGC) NET Maulana Azad National Fellowship 2011 − 12
The Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority Students is established and funded by Ministry of Minority Affairs. However, The scheme is open to candidates who belong to one of the Minority Communities namely. Muslim, Sikh, Parsi, Buddhist and Christian who want to pursue higher studies such as regular and full time MPhil or PHD degrees in Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences and Engineering & Technology.
Applications are invited from the eligible minority candidates for this fellowship which will cover all Universities or Institutions being recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) under section 2 (f) & section 3 of the UGC Act. The fellowship holders under this scheme will be known as MOMA i.e.. Ministry of Minority Affairs scholars.
Closing date for online submission of application: 30 August 2011
The objective of the scheme is to provide integrated five year fellowships in the form of financial help or aid to students from minority communities as per the Central Government to pursue higher studies such as MPhil and PhD.
The candidate should satisfy the following conditions
- The candidates from the minority community who have passed the post graduation examination with atleast 50% marks in the respective subject plus who want to pursue full time research without JRF of UGC-NET or UGC-CSIR NET.
- He or She should belong to one of the minority communities mentioned above and should submit the minority community certificate on self declaration basis on a non-judicial stamp paper of Rs. 10.
- He or She should get admission and registration for regular and full time MPhil or PHD courses in University or Academic Institution at the first available opportunity not later than with in a period of 2 years from the receipt of award letter.
- Not more than two students from one family can get MOMA fellowship.
- Fellowship cannot be transferred from one minority community to another.
- Annual income of the beneficiary, parents or guardian of the beneficiary must not be more than Rs. 4.5 lakh.
How to Apply
Selection Procedure is as follow: The selections will be done completely on the basis of merit.
Eligible candidates should submit applications through online mode. No other mode of applying for fellowship shall be allowed.
For more information, please visit UGC Financial Support