Competitive Exams: Indian Geography hot springs
Hot springs are associated with the area of volcanic activity (present or past).
Water from hot spring contains minerals viz. Sulphur, borax etc.
- J and K: Kashmir Valley, Vardhman Valley, Ladakh Valley, and Puga Valley.
- Himachal Pradesh: Kullu, Kangra and Sutlej Valley. Manikaran (near Kullu) and near Jwalamukhi (Kangra).
- Bihar/Jharkhand: Rajgir, Hazaribagh and Santhal Pargana
- Madhya Pradesh: Hoshangabad, Gwalior, and Chhindwara
- Gujarat: Tawa (Panch Mahal), Uni (Vadodara).
- Maharashtra: Thane
- Uttaranchal: Sahasradhar (Dehradun), Gangotri and Yamunotri.
- Rajasthan: Talbrich (Alwar), Naraini (Jaipur).
- Haryana: Sohana