Central University: Assam University, Silchar
Assam University, Silchar affiliated with the colleges in 5 districts of Cachar, Hailakandi, Karimganj, North Cachar Hills, and Karbi was established on January 1994.
The top administrative functionary bodies are as follows:
Governor of Assam
Visitor: President of India
Chancellor of Assam University: Prof. C. N. R. Rao
Vice Chancellor of Assam University: Prof. M. Bhattacharyya
The courses on various subjects are as follows:
B Com (Pass)
B Com (Honors) Eligibility: Higher Secondary exam or equivalent Duration: 3 years
Subjects which are compulsory while taking the course are:
Modern Indian Language (Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Hindi, Manipuri, Mizo, Nepali, Urdu)
Planning in India
Higher Accounting & Elements of Costing
Mercantile & Industrial Law
Banking Theory and Practice
Finance & Trade
Auditing and Elements of Income Tax
Company Law and Management
Business Mathematics & Statistics
Foundation course in Environmental Studies
Business Organization & Management
Economic Development & Planning in India
Higher Accounting & Elements of Costing, etc.
Details of Subjects
- An Honors student shall have to study four papers more from among the following subjects: Cost Accountancy, Principle of Management, Marketing Management, Indian Financial System, Business Psychology and Organization Behavior, Banking System & Banking Law & Practice. Rural Banking & Finance, Financial Management, Accounting Theory & Management Accounting.
- M Com: Eligibility: B com. Duration: 2 years
- MBA: Eligibility: Bachelor's degree Duration: 2 years Subject: Business Administration
- Humanities BA (Pass), BA (Honors): Eligibility: Higher Secondary or equivalent exam. Duration: 3 years Subjects: English, Modern Indian Language. Alternative English.
- Foundation: Environmental Studies. Electives (three): Arabic, English, Assamese, English, Bengali, Manipuri, Hindi, Nepali, Economics, Geography, History, Philosophy, Persian, Political Science, Sanskrit, Sociology, etc.
- MA: Eligibility: Bachelor's degree Duration: 2 years. Subjects: Arabic, Bengali, Economics, English, History, Hindi, Linguistic, Manipuri, Political Science, Philosophy.
- BEd: Eligibility: BA/BSc/BCom Duration: 1 year Subjects: Principles of Education, Educational Psychology, Hindi, Manipuri, Sanskrit, Mathematics, Social studies, General Science, Geography, English, Home Science. Electives: Theory & Practice of Pre-Primary Education, Educational and Vocational Guidance, Educational and Mental Measurement, Mental Hygiene and Child Guidance, Comparative Guidance, Problem of Indian Education in Historical Perspectives, General Method of School Organization and School Hygiene, Contents and Method of Teaching. Foundation subjects (any two): Assamese, Bengali, Audio Visual Education, Continuing Education, Teacher Education in India, Health and Physical Education, Population Education, Sanskrit, Sociology-Science.
- B Sc (Pass) B Sc (Honors): Eligibility: Higher Secondary Duration: 3 years. Foundation course: Environmental Studies. Elective subjects: Mathematics, Botany, Zoology, Geology, Physics, Chemistry, Statistics, Anthropology. An Honors student studies 6 papers more.
- B Sc & M Sc (Computer Science): Eligibility: Higher Secondary (10 + 2) or equivalent. Duration: 3 years for B Sc and 5 years for M Sc (integrated)
- M Sc: Eligibility: B Sc Duration: 2 years Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Life Science (Zoology/Botany), Ecology.
- Engineering BE: Eligibility: Higher Secondary with Physics, Chemisty, Mathematics. Duration: 4 years Streams: Civil, Electrical, Electronics & Telecommunication & Mechanical
- Ph. D: Eligibility: M Phil (with minimum 55% marks) Subjects: Arts, Science & Commerce.
- Medicine MBBS: Eligibility: Higher Secondary with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology with 50% marks. Duration: 5 years.
- MD, MS course: Eligibility: MBBS of recognized University and must have served after graduation as demonstrator or as House Surgeon for two years in the Armed Forces or in the rural areas. Duration: 3 years Subjects of MD: Anesthesiology, Biochemistry, ENT, General Medicine Microbiology, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Pathology, Pharmacology, Physiology, Social & Preventive Medicine. Subjects of MS: Anatomy, General Surgery, Ophthalmology and Otorhinolaryngology.
- Mass Communication MMC: Eligibility: Three year degree (Art/Science/Commerce). Duration: 2 years Subjects: Introduction of Mass Communication and Journalism, History of Press in India, Constitution of India and Press law, Media Management, Research Method, Advertising, Public Relations Reporting and Writing (Theory & Practical), Editing (Theory & Practical), Electronic Media, Film, Traditional Folk Medium.
- M Phil: Eligibility: Master's degree with 55% marks. Duration: 3 semesters Subjects: Philosophy, Linguistics, Physics, Life Science. Mass Communication, Mathematics, Bengali, Commerce, English, Economics, Education, History, Political Science, Sociology, Sanskrit, Chemistry, Ecology.
- Doctorate Degree: Eligibility: Master degree in relevant subject and working in National or State level research organization under Assam University with at least 5 years of practical experience and research publication. Duration: 3 years.
Diploma & Certificates
- 1 year PG Dip in Opthamology (DOPh)
- Post Graduate diploma in Obstetrics & Gynaecology (D. G. O) after MBBS with one year experience as House Surgeon/Demonstrator/Research worker or with 5 years experience in Armed Forces.
- 1-year PG Diploma in Journalism, Marketing Management diploma after Bachelors Degree.
- 6 months Certificate Course in Functional Sanskrit for Graduates who have studied Sanskrit at least till Higher Secondary level.
Contact details of Assam University:
Discussions & Questions
Session starting for M.A. in philosphy from silchar university ( - dr...@ on ))
1 AnswerPlease refer Assam University website for information on session and its start period-http://www.aus.ac.in/
- Examrace on