Banaras Hindu University (BHU)
Banaras Hindu University (BHU) was established by Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya in 1916 with the assistance of Dr Annie Besant. It is the largest residential University in Asia having 3 institutes, 4 inter-disciplinary centers, 124 departments and 6 centers of advanced studies.
3-years graduation courses are offered in the following disciplines:
- BA (Hons) course is available in the fields of Arts, Social Science, Maths, Biology. Also courses such as
- BCom (Hons), Bachelors of Professional
- Bachelors of Museology
- BSc (Agriculture)
- BEd/BEd (special) as well as
- BPEd are available.
Post Graduation Courses
2 years post-graduation courses are offered in the following subjects:
Ancient Indian History
Culture & Archaeology
Philosophy & Religion
History of Art
- MSc (Tech): Geophysics; MA/MSc: Geography, Statistics, Mathematics, Home Science, Psychology
- MSc: Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Geology, Computer Science, Biochemistry
- MA Prayojanmoolak Hindi (Patrakarita), Museology, Mass Communication
- MEd (Special)
- MSc in Health Statistics
- MSc in Bioinformatics (For women)
- MSc Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Zoology, Extension Education, Genetics & Plant Breeding, Horticulture, Mycology & Plant Pathology, Plant Physiology and Soil Science Agronomy, Animal Husbandry & Dairying, Entomology, Agricultural Chemistry.
Medical Institute: BHU
The Institute of Medical Science BHU offers the following graduate, post-graduate and post-doctorate courses:
MBBS: Duration: 5 years Course:
- 1st year-Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry & Biophysics
- 2nd year-Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology and Forensic Medicine, Medicine, Community, Medicine, Surgery, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology, Otolaryngology, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Radiology
- 3rd year-Community Medicine, Orthopaedics, Ostetrics & Gynaecology, Otolaryngology, Paediatrics, Ophthalmology ENT, Ophthalmology, Medicine, Surgery
- 4th year-Medicine, Anaesthesiology, Dentistry, Radiology, Radiotherapy
- 5th year-Gynaecology and Surgery including Orthopaedics, Medicine, Paediatrics, Obstetrics
Postgraduate Courses: MD/MS-Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases, Dermatology & Venereology, Psychiatry, Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Radiology, Radiotherapy, Dentistry, Forensic Medicine, General Surgery, Orthopaedics, E. N. T. Ophthalmology, General Medicine, Anaesthesiology.
Post-Doctoral Courses: DM/MCh-Neurology, Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Nephrology, Endocrinology, Neurosurgery, Urology, Plastic Surgery, Paediatric Surgery
The Faculty of Ayurveda offers the following graduate and post-graduate courses: BAMS: Duration: 5 years Course:
- 1st year-Rachana Sharira, Kriya Sharira, Ayurveda Ka Itihas, Sanskrit, Padartha Vigyan, Astanga Sangraha
- 2nd year-Rasa Shastra & Bhaisajya Kalpana, Dravyaguna Vigyana, Agad Tantra, Vyavahara Ayurveda & Vidhi Vaidyaka, Roga Vigyana & Vikriti Vigyana, Charaka Samhita, Swastha Vritta & Yoga
- 3rd year-Kaya Chikitsa, Shalya Tantra, Shalakya Tantra, Prasuti Tantra & Stri Roga, Kaumara Bhritya, Charaka Samhita
MD (Ayurveda)/MS (Ayurveda): Duration: 3 years Course: Principles (Swastha Vritta & Yoga), Dravyaguna, Kayachikitsa (Chikitsa), Kayachikitsa (Manas Roga), Kayachikitsa (Vikrit Vigyan), Kaumarya Bhritya, Prasuti Tantra (Stri Roga), Rasa Shastra, Sangyaharan, Shalakya, Shalya Ayurveda Samhita, Basic Principles (Ayurveda Darshan & Siddhanta), Basic Principles (Sharir Kriya), Basic Principles (Sharir Rachna).
The Institute of Medical Science, BHU also conducts an All-India Combined Competitive examination (PMT/PAT) for admission to MBBS, BAMS, BDS and B. Pharma courses. This examination is conducted in the month of June at Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai and Nagpur and some other cities of India.
The Institute of Information Technology offers the following graduate and post-graduate engineering courses:
Entrance Examination: The selection for the graduate engineering course is taken through the Joint Entrance Test conducted by the 7 IITs, T-BHU and ISM Dhanbad which is taken after 10 + 2 or Higher Secondary Level.
Entrance Examination: The admission to the post-graduation level is conducted through the GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test of Engineering Examinations).
Forms for taking the Entrance Tests for both the aforesaid courses are usually available during the last week of February and the filled in Form should be submitted latest by the 19th of March for a particular year. Other details of the examination are available in the prospectus.
- Address: Banaras Hindu University Varanasi-221 005, Uttar Pradesh
- Phone No. Tel: + 91 542 2369401 − 3269410
- Email: email@example.com
- Admission & Statistics Unit: 230 − 9666, 230 − 9667 Jaiswal
- RS: 23177096 Patel
- LB: 2575053 Srivastava RK
- Sr Asst. 2570250 Verma M
- Project officer: 9415986802
- Website: BHU